Thursday, March 26, 2020

Just Some Random Stuff I Decided To Post About

Welcome back to THE SITH ARCHIVES OF DARTH FANDOM! You must all have heard the sad news of COVID-19, which has heavily impacted many communities across the world. I know I’m just a blogger, but I advise anybody who is reading this to please stay safe. Anyway, today I have just bought some reading material for this time (I still have a lot of books to read, like Splinter of the Mind’s Eye, Dark Force Rising, Shadows of the Empire, The Truce at Bakura, and a lot of others, but they don’t really matter right now) at one of my local bookshops, and I was very lucky. I first found Republic Commando: Triple Zero by Karen Traviss, the second novel in the Republic Commando series (hopefully this will help me write my Underworld series which includes the Imperial Commandos), secondly there was the slipcase/hardcover edition of Ryder Windham’s The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi (it has two really good painted covers), and last but not least was the Halo: Official Spartan Field Manual, my newest edition to my Halo Collection alongside the novels The Fall of Reach, The Flood and First Strike, the movie The Fall of Reach and the games Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2: Special Collector’s Edition (which both don’t work). Well, to change the subject a bit, I’ve started playing around with the Starport Press blog (see my previous post here), and I am officially announcing a new upcoming digital project (not quite sure if or when I’m going to make it), entitled “Outbreak.” What I can say so far is that it is going to be a pretty much text with some animations on Microsoft PowerPoint 2010, which is about the last man on the planet who has to fight off Martian Octopods as they attack the post-apocalyptic zombie-virus-in-the-air Earth. Yeah, it is meant to be a rip-off of HG Well’s The War of the Worlds combined with “that zombie videogame called... oops, I forgot the title.” Finally, just to change the subject even more, you can click on the images below to see some rough sketches for Blue Blood (they’re actually for Book 3 and 4, since 1 and 2 are really just normal Earth which I can’t draw as I’m not even an amateur artist) combined with a comic book effect (yes, other geeks out there, the margins on these pictures are those of actual comic books), and just to warn ya, if Blue Blood ever does become a comic book, I will not be the artist and the pictures which I have used will definitely not be for Issue 1. And just to bore you even more, I’d just like to say that Issue 1 of my new Tintin Magazine is complete, Issue 2 just needs some extra touches for completion, and Sci-Fi Bi-Monthly Magazine Issue 1 is also near completion. Well, that’s a wrap on THE SITH ARCHIVES OF DARTH FANDOM!

Above: Cover featuring a sorry, no spoilers 'til I at least announce the book's name.

Above: Cover featuring oh well, I still can't release any spoilers because this dude is from the same book.

No comments:

Post a Comment