Saturday, June 6, 2020

Birthdays, Books and [Can't Think of Anything Relevant Beginning With B]

Welcome back to THE SITH ARCHIVES OF DARTH FANDOM! Okay, so I've been doing quite a bit lately. A lot of this has been towards my original work, i.e. writing up chapters of the Starport stories, but I've also been doing Star Wars (and other cool)-related stuff. First off, Fandom is on Fandom! Yay! You can find my Fandom profile on the Fandom Community Central here. The funny thing is, just after I joined, Tython Awakening asked if I'm affiliated with Fandom. I'm not surprised, because, um, well, Fandom's in the name. And yes. Darth Fandom is on the Star Wars Fanon Wiki! Go here to see what I've done so far. Right now, it's just a small page because I don't want to reveal too much until Chronicles of Telian Aieler comes out. Next off, I've been doing some LEGO stuff. I'm thinking of buying LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, so I thought I could get some material before I [might] get it. So, first thing that came to mind was the LEGO sets. Uh, yeah, sorry me but IT'S COVID, so no sets, but before I continue, guess what? I forgot to put a post on here on my birthday! My birthday! Well, my birthday was on the 23rd of May, like last year, and the year before, and the year before, and, well, all the times before. I'll try not to forget next year. So, I got a few pressies, so that's nice. To be precise, Star Wars: Legacy Volume II - Book 1-3, a small little Hot Wheels car, a very cool LEGO Iron Man Mech and a limited edition chocolate bar, because why not.

Anyway, back to LEGO, because my birthday is not as important. Maybe. Well, I couldn't get sets, so the next thing I thought was LEGO comics. I actually had three (you could say four, because one of them had two comics inside) in physical form, but it seems that I'm cursed, as after I bought them, LEGO Marvel comics ceased to exist. So, I began my quest the other day to find them online. So here's a little trick I found, which you can do too to get digital editions of the comics. Don't worry, it's legal since it goes through LEGO's official website. No piracy included. First, go to this link on BrickLink. Whenever there's a Marvel comic that appears and has a code beginning with the number 6 somewhere in brackets, make a not of it. Next, go onto your browser and type in "lego.com/biassets/bi/". Once you've typed this in, type in a code with ".pdf" after it and hit enter. Then, a PDF file of the comic you want to read will appear. From doing this, I've managed to get every LEGO Marvel comic that's appeared in a set (I say in a set because I haven't found any LEGO Club issues but two or any SDCC Exclusives), and I'm happy about that. I personally like comic #6037284 as it ends on a cliffhanger where ol' JJJ is covered in the Venom symbiote. What will happen exit? Ah, I dunno. I'm currently also trying the same with the DC Comic ones, but I haven't been too successful. Some comics aren't online. But I'll still keep trying.

So, I've covered quite a bit in this post. I'm quite happy about that. Now, before I go, are you a fan of Marvel Comics? Okay, well, are you also a fan of Deadpool? If so, I recommend reading the Deadpool #SecretComic. It's pretty cool. It covers all sorts of things, from Clea's affair with Benjamin Franklin to Deadpool massacring the Time Variance Authority to The Divorce of Deadpool #798, Marvel's first $99 comic book. Amazing. To read it go onto the Marvel Wiki and look at all variant covers from Deadpool (Vol.4) #1 up until Despicable Deadpool #296. Some issues don't have "Secret Comic Variant Cover"s but if they don't just go to the next issue. Another thing I just feel like saying is that Marvel's The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes! is a pretty cool animated series. Sadly it was canned. Which means that there won't be a Season 3. Or a bigger plot around Galactus. Or him eating Hala. [Crying sounds] Well, sob, that's a wrap on THE SITH ARCHIVES OF DARTH FANDOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment