Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Late Birthday Gifts to Myself!

Welcome back to THE SITH ARCHIVES OF DARTH FANDOM! As I covered in a recent post, it was my birthday on the 23rd of May. Of course, COVID-19 came and then my birthday was a meh birthday. Sadly, during the COVID crisis many of my favourite places aren't doing that well, or have closed. Permanently. This includes my local DVD and games shop, so that's quite sad. Luckily, the DVD and games shop near my local comic shop is still open, so I went there and spent money on entertainment. First, I got Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season One on DVD. I have really been hoping to get this, and I finally did. I was blown away by it, and I am grasping tight to my wad of cash to spend on the next season of MAOS. Next on the list are Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger. These are the last two films that I needed to complete my Phase One collection. I had already seen the Cap film (on an 8 o'clock film slot on TV) but Thor I haven't. Until about 20 minutes ago. So now my MCU Reading Order stats are fully complete for Phase One. Yay! Third are a few LEGO films. I love to collect LEGO-related things, even more than the sets themselves, i.e. comics, books, games and films. This lead me to buy LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League vs. Bizarro League and LEGO Hero Factory: Rise of the Rookies. Both of these are amazing and have just as good DVD extras, the DC one including a look into the character of Bizarro, a TV special and an in-universe blooper reel to go along with the TV special, while the Hero Factory DVD includes a TV special based on LEGO's Atlantis sets. One more DVD left in my Hero Factory collection, three more in my LEGO DC collection. Finally, I also bought the DVD of Cars Toon: Mater's Tall Tales. Like LEGO, I love finding all things World of Cars. I have the DVDs for Cars, Cars 2, Planes, Planes: Fire and Rescue, and now Mater's Tall Tales. I also have recently found the LEGO Grand Prix game online (on a website called "BioMedia Project", which is dedicated to finding all things Bionicle-related. There's also a lot of LEGO stuff on there. I'll do a Fandom Favourites post on it soon.), and am trying to get the Cars comic books. Oh, I mustn't forget the other games. I have the Cars 2 game, Mater's Tall Tales game and the Planes game on PC. However, I hated Cars 3 and I always skip it. So yeah, those are my late birthday presents to myself. Well, that's a wrap on THE SITH ARCHIVES OF DARTH FANDOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment